1 headphone works only (When in front panel)

armyswat

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
When behind, it works perfect. I've tried different headphones from the front panel. always 1 works. My windows 8.1 is updated to the maximum. By the way, when I spin the cord, both headphones don't work, but when I spin a bit more (crack sounds), 1 headphone works only. It's not headphones problem because it works perfect from behind. I need the front panel desperately
AH9DB1O.png

LzkH4P1.png

Should I upload more photos? if yes tell me from where. Should I upload photos from inside the computer when facing the mother board and also a picture of the front panel cords inside the pc?

Solution
The pressure contact is likely damaged in the jack.

There are three contact points on the headphone plug, tip, ring and shield or ground. The tip and ring are used for the left and right audio channels and the shield or Ground is the return. The contact point for the headphone plug is easily damaged in those jacks and not easily repaired.

There is not much you can do if this is the case other than use the rear port.

skit75

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
The pressure contact is likely damaged in the jack.

There are three contact points on the headphone plug, tip, ring and shield or ground. The tip and ring are used for the left and right audio channels and the shield or Ground is the return. The contact point for the headphone plug is easily damaged in those jacks and not easily repaired.

There is not much you can do if this is the case other than use the rear port.

Solution

armyswat

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
Ah ok, if there is somebody else who knows maybe if i could fix it somehow, could be cool, i mean even if it's damaged.
Thanks atleast for letting me know, the reason i need the front panel is because my headphones are short and it reaches the front only.. so i'll buy extended cable for my headphones.. but if still someone knows what to do, answers will be cool. and thanks skit75.

skit75

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008

Because those jacks are usually in molded plastic casing, you can't repair the pressure contact without literally destroying the package. It is a crappy situation really and one of the very few complaints I have about the case I bought, also. The extender cable to the rear port is a good solution.