1 Input Multiple Output Audio Switcher

ABrandt

Estimable
Aug 21, 2014
I've been looking for a while but I can't seem to find an audio switcher that takes a single input (say a computer) and can switch where it outputs the audio to (headphones, speakers or a sound system). I've found one product that advertised 1 input 4 output, but it was a splitter, not a switcher. Is there a product out there that would solve this problem?

Solution
something like this http://www.amazon.com/Stereo-Manual-Selector-Sharing-Switch/dp/B00NTJET10/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1448929886&sr=8-4&keywords=stereo+selector+switch

basically it can be used two ways:
connect 4 different 3.5mm sources up to it and one set of speakers and pick what source plays.
connect 1 source up to 4 different speakers and choose which speaker plays.

this particular version works with any 3.5mm sources. (single wire headphone cable ends)

there are of course other styles including 1->2, 1->3, 1->4, 1->6 depending on how many you need.
are you talking about a single 3.5mm (2.0 sound) switch device? if so you could use any of them with 1 in/out and 3 or 4 in/out on the other side. there is no processing being done just a single switchover for the connections on such simple devices so it doesnt matter which side you use as input and which as output (for example 1-in-4-out would work as a 4-in-one-out as well)

if you want 5.1 audio switched it becomes a bit more complicated depending on the types of connections you need to use.

ABrandt

Estimable
Aug 21, 2014

Sorry, I don't know much about audio and how different jacks change anything, but from what I got out of your answer, yes. I just want a device to be able to switch where the audio from the computer goes to, either speakers or headphones. If you could direct me to where I could buy something like this would be helpful, I've looked all over and haven't been able to find anything.

something like this http://www.amazon.com/Stereo-Manual-Selector-Sharing-Switch/dp/B00NTJET10/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1448929886&sr=8-4&keywords=stereo+selector+switch

basically it can be used two ways:
connect 4 different 3.5mm sources up to it and one set of speakers and pick what source plays.
connect 1 source up to 4 different speakers and choose which speaker plays.

this particular version works with any 3.5mm sources. (single wire headphone cable ends)

there are of course other styles including 1->2, 1->3, 1->4, 1->6 depending on how many you need.

Solution