10 WWDC Winners and Losers

Status
Not open for further replies.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Google a Winner?

Maybe... but they DON'T need to make Android better than iOS in 4~6 months (which takes longer. Android and iOS are copying each other.

They need to make Android much much better, like on par with WP7... but without making a clone of WP7. Android needs to be (A) standardize good interface (B) work different and better than iOS and WP7.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Keeping FLASH off iOS devices = full control of what kinds of APPs runs on the devices.

So its also about control of the devices, so the users can ONLY use Apple's app store.

How many unofficial Android stores are there?

jaksun5

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Regarding the stats on the Google and Android OS pages, realistically Symbian still stands on many mobile devices, and I dare say that it's a smart phone OS. I'm not trying to say that Symbian is as relevant to the discussion, but without mention what market they are talking about, what relevance are the stats?

flacoman3

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
"I’d love to have Flash available on my iPhone. But, as a long time skeptic and critic of Apple, part of me is doing something quite unfamiliar: quietly pulling for Jobs to win this one . For once, he seems to be ignoring what he knows to be the smart move, in favor of what he feels is the right move. And in my opinion, if there’s one single thing that corporate America needs more of, it’s CEOs willing to disregard the smart move, in order to make the right move. "

I'm sorry, I didn't understand any of that, can you repeat it with Steve Job's shlong in your mouth?

G

God is in convenience. It is convenience. Ask Steve Jobs, or iSteve – it’s just $4.99 a month and it has all answers. The iGod is so much better than those old Gods. It’s frequently updated, improved and enhanced. It’s sleeker and has better reception. What more could you ask for than your god to constantly improve. He’s a dynamic God. He makes old stuff sound new. It will make your boring life seem more interesting or at least more convenient. http://ineze.com/blog/?p=266 read on...

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
lol, iCloud + Verizon bandwidth caps = FAIL

I guess that still means Verizon's a winner though, since they can charge extra for all the migrating iSheep :/

G

Anyone claiming AT&T as a loser and Verizon as a winner based off of bandwidth is claiming the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. Both networks shine and both are quite spotty at times. Where you live, Verizon may look better. Where I live, AT&T has much better coverage. Verizon iOS devices languish on the shelves while Ma Bell's can be tricky to find.

Add to that, in case you missed all the commercials, you can talk on the phone WHILE buying movie tickets online with AT&T, but not the big V.

And Google/Android isn't a winner until they deliver. I personally prefer iOS to Android, and Apple keeps making it better without Google catching up fast enough for my tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.