100 Naked Body Scans Get Posted Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysbob

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
I feel people are too prudish about these sorts of things. If it were a high resolution photograph I might be more leery; but these are no more exiting than pictures in an anatomy book. Everybody's got a body and private parts, whats the big deal if somebody sees a lumpy mostly indistinguishable scan of it.

but I guess the real issue is that if we start allowing them so subject us to this, theres no telling what's next. But the slippery slope argument is never very well founded.

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
All I know is, if a naked picture of me made it on to a website, people would wish they never visited the website. I have nothing to fear. :)

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
My dad listens to Rush religiously, a few days ago he had a airport security employee or former employee call in and he described the way air ports use these scanners.

He said the person that views and clears these pictures are sitting in rooms far away from the room they scan people in. So even if a "hot babe" is going to be scanned there's no way for anyone to inform the viewer(s) or for the viewers to walk out of the room and be in contact with a person they just scanned.

He also stated the way they have the scanning system setup is the person gets scanned, the picture pops up gets cleared by a viewers, by them pressing a button that signals another worker that the person just scanned has passed and can be let through, the viewer then has to hit another button to move on to the next scan and that button deletes the last picture taken. So at least in the airport he worked in they don't in anyway save pictures.

To me it just doesn't make any sense why an airport would save pictures no good could come from it only bad PR, by having someone leak pictures.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Last time I flew was 10 years ago, before 9/11. All I remember is that it was very lenient back then.

Not sure if I'd object vehemently to the scanner though.

leadpoop

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
I am all for security but at what point do we say enough is enough? Whats the point of having our freedom if we have no freedom at all?

duk3

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
[citation][nom]Proxy711[/nom]My dad listens to Rush religiously[/citation]

For 5 seconds I thought you meant the band, and then I remembered Rush Limbaugh.

Monkeyninja

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
You would have to be really self concious to give a shit about anyone seeing that kinda photo of you.

Freaking bad guys making air ports even slower though blows ass though.

mattimeo005

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
[citation][nom]leadpoop[/nom]I am all for security but at what point do we say enough is enough? Whats the point of having our freedom if we have no freedom at all?[/citation]

Technically, when you buy your plane ticket, you're essentially signing a contract agreeing to these security procedures, and therefore you have forfeited some of your "freedoms". It may be excessive, but I personally have no problem with the scanners and pat downs in and of themselves. What I wonder about is the way they "randomly" pick and choose people to apply these extra security measures.

C 64

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
[citation][nom]gmarsack[/nom]All I know is, if a naked picture of me made it on to a website, people would wish they never visited the website. I have nothing to fear.[/citation]
Well don't be too happy.

There were cases people getting fired and/or rejected on job interviews because their boss (or would-be employer) saw their naked, semi naked or other wise "inappropriate" pictures posted online, even when those pictures were put online without their knowledge or consent.
And good luck trying to remove them from the net...

Even without consequences for career you may still end up being ridiculed or even mobbed at your work place.

G

It blows my mind how so many people are not making a big deal about this. I guess that means nobody would make a big deal if I made a Youtube video where I'm completely naked.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
get me a set of female images, and i could probably play with myself to them.

that said, this is the best way to get through a grope faster, start moaning, and saying borderline obscene things. i watched someone do this once, not at an airport, but it makes the person doing it VERY uncomfortable, and provides you some entertainment.

distanted

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
My solution is to hire only hot men and women for the pat down job and let the passenger pick his or her groper. Hell, you wouldn't even have to pay them, they could work for tips alone.

In all seriousness, I'm not afraid of body scanners, but I do resent how quickly and easily unaccountable agencies and private companies can diminish your individual rights in the name of public safety. Even some of the flight attendants have gone mad with power. Remember when buying a ticket made you a customer, and not a virtual prisoner?

mark0718

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
So the TSA employees are checked to make sure they don't have a cell phone
or other camera that they can used to take pictures of the screens?

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
I would like to visit the US someday, but knowing that I would have to go through TSA security makes me very reluctant to go.

Maybe I can fly to Canada and drive across.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
if you believe that you can trust uncle sam with your privacy then think again. this is just stupid, get rid of those things...there are other ways of crashing airplanes

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Wolygon[/nom]I think I'm going to buy some stocks in a train company.[/citation]
agreed...air tickets are overpriced...not to mention that the airplanes are getting rather old

Status
Not open for further replies.