15 Gmail Tips and Plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmike

Honorable
May 28, 2013
I REFUSE to "read" any 'article' in powerpoint format, and will continue to do so.
I learned how to read a long time ago.
Save this for the mouth-breathing, room-temperature-IQ, game-playing 'readers' who go to the bookstore to catch up on the latest comic books.
AND PASS THIS ALONG TO YOUR EDITORS!

BlueCat57

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Don't know whether to give jimmike a Thumbs Up or Down. I don't like this style of article either since click through to read is just plain inconvenient given where I usually read. But I learned long ago that you just have to hit the print button, if you can find one, to get a one page version of the article. The format might be good for someone reading on a phone (but then again having so many images just chews up your data allowance) but web designers tend to design simply because they can and don't care about the typical user's experience. Then again their illogical take on the situation is that most people that read in this format like it. They never consider that a large number of people, like jimmike and me, simply skip the article because it isn't in a reader friendly format. They forget that most people have to buy their own equipment and it is often over two years old and incapable of quickly loading graphically intense pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.