2 Internal storages makes no sense!!

beauknowsdiddly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
So my tablet has 2 internal storage partitions. The first one is only 1GB where all my apps are installed, (which is FULL) and the other is 8GB is ALL free space.... That's just WRONG! What's the point??
I see this question asked a lot and don't see any REAL answers, other than, "tough luck, that's just the way it is".... I refuse to believe I can only use I GB of storage for applications. What gives?? There HAS to be a way to get more room for Apps!! Some kind of trick! Does anyone have any advise? Not sure what information you need....
It's a NuVision 10.1' tablet. Model Number TM1088, Android 4.4.2....

Thank You!

Beau

cryoburner

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011

I had an older tablet with a similar issue. I believe the second internal drive was wired up to look to the OS like an SD card. Unfortunately, Android 4.x doesn't offer an easy, universal way to install apps to the second drive, or external storage. However, many apps can be moved individually using the Application Manager. More details on how to do that can be found here...
http://www.fixedbyvonnie.com/2014/06/install-android-apps-sd-card-default/

That page also describes a more complex method to change the install location for apps using the Android SDK, which might potentially work better, but will take more effort to set up.

beauknowsdiddly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
hmmmm, Well when I look at all the apps installed (about 615mbs worth) and move them all to sd card, it only adds about 80mbs to the original 1gb space... I don't get it.... Everytime I try to figure this out, I come up with more questions than answers... :S

Is it possible to completely reformat a drive on an Android Tablet and install Windows instead? At the same time making those 2 partitions 1? There just has to be a way to make those 2 partitions one........

It just blows me away that I have 10Gbs of free space that I cannot use for applications. It's also recognizing a 30GB SD Card.... So all together I have 41 GBs of space and can only use 1 gig for apps..... It's just CRAZY I tell ya! There's got to be something I can do... and my tablet is rooted btw, if that helps any...