3.5mm audio jack not working on phone

Nab742423

Commendable
Oct 10, 2016
As of yesterday my earbuds, that have been working on my phone for over a year now, stopped working. My phone is an Android Turbo and I have not figured out if the earbuds or the phone is to blame.

The earbuds stopped working with my phone when I unplugged them during a video and plugged then back in yesterday. As of now when I plug in my earbuds my phone will loop between detecting and undetecting them. I know this because YouTube videos pause when earbuds are detected, thus videos pause every second when earbuds are plugged in. Also when I try to change volume it randomly affects either the speaker or the audio jack volumes.

My earbuds work perfectly on my laptop and my friends phone, so they are not broken. The only thing I hear when plugged in is sort of a static crackling. My friends earbuds work fine on my phone, so my audio jack still works. I am really confused on why my earbuds will not work with my phone anymore.

I have tried cleaning lint out of the audio jack, restarting my phone, plugging the earbuds in with out my case on, and trying to replicate the scenario that broke them. Nothing has worked so far and I haven't been able to find any cases like mine online. If anyone has any suggestions I am down to try them.

Solution
Elementally simple: The phone jack's is full of dust bunnies and needs cleaning. Fashion a tinny hook like this (picture) with a small paper clip, power off the phone and get all the dust bunnies out...
Elementally simple: The phone jack's is full of dust bunnies and needs cleaning. Fashion a tinny hook like this (picture) with a small paper clip, power off the phone and get all the dust bunnies out.

zdCb3TsSgJQ6WbUTKXoJPQoI--XhBfQnn0VN8blnm7q5ZluV36pSKlED8p_8hZL4jQX6pfIfwUnyGZ63f8aaBk4kR9rZCHF7aDYztnIY7KMXVxjeL8fj3d3PoYhaqWbVgo6N5WrASgEEMokQxsuU0etnnMmsatcyCFe_jPCPttPB-eirTBFpU9oh1OOj5DbKZmLvg4waRVwBfDV5raRYe1L6ytwiw_h2bHtNz-JXbv0IOZEA4xU--C13k9O9AjeMESofWobOAZk8Hsm0EyCGGCdRR0YGgjADhiASs2lqWUMbxXLcT64UzQO69DVEyiOQ00zJyAb1Y2yh31LuCHn7K9VLNOwV0H_bNfnnmdnJbheIOd6eNzru4cspA4V2-6Wx_ktWDOpqQa6pjOltg3lX1N8-ptAWw20r5AisjQvaabVSKWG_O6RFItEiUqcb_XFupWrglg0_CixpHYy6ElFHJfiLApBhm2VuP7H1G56z3wsuirixev1DnGj4zo0E3GzTgQjorHYgtktr0jUWL7RAQydmbgsQ8LL0ydJ7my8UFRENPNIJUNmTe9HqtHM8y2ogIX7AhbbDjUs8gw7MXU4PujFOZvLaAuZTYqHfYI1XeOqUkZY=w408-h306-no

Solution