MTvDarg

Estimable
Jan 17, 2016
Hello,
i need help if is it possible to conver 3 RCA jacks (5.1 audio) to digital spdif (coaxial/optical)output.
The point is that I have ROCCAT Kave xtd 5.1 digital headphones with real 5.1 sound card but it has onla 3x RCA 3.5mm jack output for 5.1 audio but my home theater receiver have only coaxial or optical input for 5.1 dts audio. So, i need to know if it is possible to convert 3x RCA to coaxial/optical.
My receiver: SONY STR-DE495P
My headphones with in-built sound card: http://www.roccat.org/en-SK/Products/Gaming-Sound/Kave-Series/Kave-XTD-5-1-Digital/

Thanks for answer.

kanewolf

Judicious
3.5mm jacks aren't RCA jacks. Something with three RCA jacks could only be a 2.1 system because RCA jacks only carry one signal. 3.5mm jacks can carry two (or even more) signals.

There are LOTS of inexpensive 5.1 decoders but not encoders. I think you will be better served getting a new sound card or a USB sound system.

MTvDarg

Estimable
Jan 17, 2016
ah sorry my bad sound card with 3x 3.5 mm 2 channel jacks (front L+R, surround L+R and sub/center) and I was thinking about new soundcard but I can´t fin any cheap one with spdif 5.1 output (coaxial/optical) - maybe it will be by my country, slovakia :/ please if you know some can you post them here? thank you :)