30 Inventions From Regular Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
The Best one has to be the Rail Gun, and then he's making an upgraded one at that. OMFG! Looking at the power it requires one wonders if a laser would be better, but I think there is just something about projectile weapons we seem to really like.

atomrend

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
The link for the Faceman(#19) internet remote has a typo in it. I would like something like that to control electrical use in my place. Use the web to turn the water heater on or off. I do think something like this would be best using the electrical wiring throughout the home as the network. For something like this, it does not have to be very fast.

quantumrand

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
My favorites are AeroQuad and Puzzlemation.

I'm tempted to try my hand at the whole Maker scene by making an AeroQuad-like system. I might start off with a cheap 3-axis accelerometer stabilization and remote flight. Then later I'll see about adding additional axis and GPS for flight automation, maybe solar cells for prolonged flights.

It would be pretty awesome to make it capable of navigating from one coast to the other, with a cellular GSM module for communication for status updates and recieving weather information.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]elel[/nom]If you like the rail gun, you should look at powerlabs.org!!![/citation]
If you like the railgun, you should see what the American military are doing. =)

Physics is awesome. Lets go blow stuff up (in the name of science, of course).

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
PHOOEY! I wanted the Sparkfun Electronics movie poster. I went to the Sparkfun web site and discovered it is a one of a kind poster made in house as a Christmas gift to the boss! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.