4 New Notebooks: NVIDIA Ion Included

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm sick of these bullsh*t lithium/cell batteries and how people seem to keep putting up with them. Seriously people, 3-4 hours of battery life in the year 2009 is a bit pathetic. We should be pushing manufactures to R&D something better, with some innovation I could see batteries lasting days and recharging in under and hour, now that would impress me!

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]zergfi[/nom]I'm sick of these bullsh*t lithium/cell batteries and how people seem to keep putting up with them. Seriously people, 3-4 hours of battery life in the year 2009 is a bit pathetic. We should be pushing manufactures to R&D something better, with some innovation I could see batteries lasting days and recharging in under and hour, now that would impress me![/citation]

I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that if battery technology had kept improving at the same rate as computer technology they would now hold the same amount of energy as a small tactical nuclear bomb.

Then the argument would be "Only 40 years battery life?" :)

dupaman

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
Thanks for the roundup and voicing complaints about glossy LCDs! I'm a bit disappointed with the ION game performance. I seem to remember a few reviews of the mini-ITX ION 330 platform and that one was able to run games like left4dead, wow, and fallout 3 @ 800x600 with low settings. Still, it's nice to see the higher res matte display with ION in a netbook.

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
They're too small. I work at a technology complex associated with a large university. I watch students hunched over their small notebooks as they squint theri eyes trying to make out the tiny print.

Status
Not open for further replies.