4GB class 6 SDHC used in camera ok Then used in Video now error in Camera still ok in video

Aged Peter

Estimable
Jan 11, 2015
Samsung DSLR and Samsung digital Camcorder.
I used the cards in camera all OK. Transfered to camcorder again all OK.
When returned to camera got "Memory Error". Tried format same response.
Returned to Camcorder works no problem.
What if anything can I do to use them in camera?

Aged Peter

Estimable
Jan 11, 2015
Hi dd
Regretfully I have already tried without success. With a PC format, quick or full. still get "Memory card error" from the camera and cannot format again.
My bad for not stating that on my post.

kind regards
ap

Aged Peter

Estimable
Jan 11, 2015
But these two 4GB cards did work in the camera before use in the camcorder.
I am seeking a way to recover there useability. I just don't like the idea of succumbing to technology.

Aged Peter

Estimable
Jan 11, 2015
Hi kr
I tried all 4 format options provided by windows 7 ulimate - FAT, NTFS, FAT32 and exFAT always the same result, can reformat in camcorder cannot reformat in camera.
I have also tried copying photos to the card whilst in the pc and trying that in the camera, cannot view or reformat.
I have come to the opinion that there is some form of recognition file that the camcorder has put on the cards when formatting which is not erased when pc format is carried out.

kind regards
ap

digitaldoc

Distinguished
Herald

If you do the "Quick Format," all previous data is not erased, just the addressing to it. With a "Complete Format," all the sectors get overwritten so try that.

Aged Peter

Estimable
Jan 11, 2015
My ommission. I did try both formattings.

This is my problem I have tried all the obvious ways to again make the cards reuseable in my camera.
Having had to take them from the camera kit when an unexpected opportunity arose for a unique video.
Class 6 are great for RAW photos but a bit iffy for video work.
It is just annoying to have to leave them the video outfit.
ap

TRENDING THREADS