5.1 Connection between TV And SSS

CrckBoT

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015
Hello everyone.
I want to make a 5.1 Connection between Philips 40PFL5606H/58 Television and a Genius SW-HF5.1 4500 surround speaker system. Can u tell me any solutions? I've connected my PC, PS3, and PS4 to the TV via hdmi. Wanna get 5.1 sound. I'm fully noob for this.

Thx for any help.

Solution

CrckBoT

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015
Ok, i found an article on my TV's homepage about the audio pass-thru.:

Audio connection

Connect an audio device (home cinema set, amplifier) to the 'DIGITAL AUDIO OUT' (coaxial) connection at the back of the TV to hear the sound of the TV through your audio system.
Your TV DOES NOT have an analogue audio out (red and white) cinch connection. In order to connect the audio out from the TV to an analogue stereo system, you will need a SCART-to-cinch cable. Insert the SCART connector into the SCART connection on your TV and connect the red and white cinch cables to the corresponding audio input on the stereo system.
NOTE: This TV does not support the DTS (Digital Theater Systems) audio format. Therefore, the DTS audio signal will not pass through the 'HDMI 1 ARC' (HDMI Audio Return Channel) or the 'DIGITAL AUDIO OUT' (SPDIF) connection.

Connect headphones to the side connector. Adjust the headphones volume using the headphones volume in the [Setup] > [TV settings] > [Sound] > [Headphone volume] and press the button on the remote control to mute the TV loudspeaker.

I think it doesn't mean any good.

You want to use the TV as the system switcher, a task more commonly handled by an honest-to-God Audio Video Receiver, unfortunately a TV is good enough to give you stereo and that's it.

Solution