5.1 Surround Sound only two speakers and subwoofer working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ariesnathan

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015
recently purchased lg 42 ub 820 t...i have connected it successfully with my sony home theater..now the problem is that the subwoofer and front speakers are working fine..i m not getting any sound from rear speakers plz help

Solution
This is likely just a setting in your theater or tv.
If you are not getting sound out of the center speaker then the theater or tv is set to just 2.0/2.1 mode.

If you were telling me you only get stereo sound out of all 5 speakers that could be the source device, but since you don't get anything from the other speakers then it has to be with the receiver itself.

Naturally do check the speaker connections on it.

EDITED:

If receiver is in direct/passthrough mode then it is because the source device is only outputting 2.0
If receiver is in dolby or some other mode and wont ouput to surround speakers it is an issue in the receiver
This is likely just a setting in your theater or tv.
If you are not getting sound out of the center speaker then the theater or tv is set to just 2.0/2.1 mode.

If you were telling me you only get stereo sound out of all 5 speakers that could be the source device, but since you don't get anything from the other speakers then it has to be with the receiver itself.

Naturally do check the speaker connections on it.

EDITED:

If receiver is in direct/passthrough mode then it is because the source device is only outputting 2.0
If receiver is in dolby or some other mode and wont ouput to surround speakers it is an issue in the receiver

Solution

mrmike_49

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
almost Zero video cards pass 5.1 sound over the HDMI cable, so if you're using an HDMI cable and expecting 5.1 - forget it. AFAIK, the ONLY way to get 5.1 sound is by connecting to the 6 small audio jacks on the back of your motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.