7 zip usage/problems

G

7-zip version 15.14 (64bit)
windows 7 professional 64 bit

I have some problems with 7zip:

- installation procedure: it does not associates the extensions with 7zip automatically.
- had to search on C drive for 7 zip folder: no shortcut created. only context menu was working.
- when I tried to extract to Desktop, an error would occur: no permissions.
- had to search C drive and on both 7zFM and 7zG had to click on properties and choose : run as admin so that I could extract something.

are these problems normal? I mean, from all the extractors I used, only had to do this with 7zip, all the others did it automatically...

Solution
By default, shortcuts for 7-Zip are created in Start Menu >> All Programs, not on the Desktop. If you want a Desktop shortcut, copy "7-Zip File Manager" shortcut to the Desktop from the Start Menu.

For associating extensions/file types with 7-Zip:
Open 7-Zip File Manager.
Click on Tools >> Options on the menu bar.
Tick the check-boxes for extensions you wish to associate.
Click 'OK'.
By default, shortcuts for 7-Zip are created in Start Menu >> All Programs, not on the Desktop. If you want a Desktop shortcut, copy "7-Zip File Manager" shortcut to the Desktop from the Start Menu.

For associating extensions/file types with 7-Zip:
Open 7-Zip File Manager.
Click on Tools >> Options on the menu bar.
Tick the check-boxes for extensions you wish to associate.
Click 'OK'.

Solution
G

ok, that I did manually. but why I always need to run it as admin to extract something? it does not matter where, it always needs admin permissions if I want to extract inside my user folder... programs like winrar or peazip dont need admin permissions for that...