A lenovo b50 with i7 processor

Solution
i7s has hyperthreading and it will help you do your work very quickly than the i5.
You can be fine with i5 too, but the time for work done will be a bit later than the time for work done with i7, and the main thing is price. With just a 3k you're getting latest processor, which means efficient and faster. But say what, the dell has much powerful GPU.

i3s have hyper-threading, i5s have turbo boost - but i7s have both turbo boost and hyper-threading

Since you cannot upgrade CPUs in laptops, it is ALWAYS RECOMMENDED to get laptops with components as advanced as possible to last for long for the money you're spending now. (here the difference is just Rs. 3k and you're not gonna game always).

legoboye

Estimable
Nov 1, 2014
Wel, The cpu is good enough... 2 ghz base, 3,1 ghz turbo (stock) 2 cores/4 threads, but with a very low tdp (thermal design power)
The graphic should be enough, lets say in minecraft, you will be getting around 50 fps.
Fire Strike Standard Graphics 1920x1080
Score:
R5 230M: 771 (entry level gpu)
GTX 970M sli: 14873 (best of the best)
GTX 860M: 3919 (Good of most games)
should be noted that 8 gb of ram should be enough for everyday use and gaming.

so find one with better graphics before buying that "laptop" and its "Price to performance" is low so its not worth it.

hope this helped you, have a nice day :D

talktoarnab

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

A bit of everything maybe but not primarily for gaming. For working on programming,documents, (sometimes i have to run db servers also have a habit or necessacity of keeping lot of windows open), movies, sometimes strategy games, running bittorrent in background, browsing.

I use linux mostly along with windows.

What about the price is that justified?

talktoarnab

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

My primary requirement is not gaming. Do you mean that this one is not worth the price?

Agera One

Estimable
Apr 11, 2014
Yes, that GPU is entry level. But if it's not for gaming, then 4th gen i7 with 8 GB RAM is good enough for your stated work.
I can find only that laptop with such specs for that price and Lenovo laptops are just good.

talktoarnab

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

What about the video and visual rendering for that GPU? I might need to use it for visual programming like HTML 5 etc. I do heavy multitasking as i said earlier running lot of office and development, shall i go for this one? Can you suggest me any other option within a price range of say 55K

Agera One

Estimable
Apr 11, 2014

They're both expensive here in India. Lenovo offers best (performance+feature) per price in India for last 3+ years..

talktoarnab

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

Thanks Bro, I hope the GPU will be better than integrated ones atleast. :)

Maybe i should be able to get this even cheaper from the market.

How good is Lenovo(Longevity, build quality, service) compared to other big names such as Dell or HP in India? I have a AMD A6 APU Lenovo but its foreign, its kind of okay from build quality, never given me much trouble, just want to replace due to that pathetic CPU, makes multitasking a nightmare.

Agera One

Estimable
Apr 11, 2014
A bit more? The dell inspiron was between 86.9k - 75k when in stock. For the last couple of weeks (from 14 Nov) it was out of stock and the price was at Rs. 33,333/-

Comparing the B50-70 to Inspiron 5547,
the dell has - 4 GB RAM (8 GB in lenovo), 500 GB HDD (1 TB in lenovo), somewhat lower power CPU - but has Win 8.1 (Win 8 in lenovo) & a better mid range GPU (R7 M265) & Rs.1000 lesser than lenovo.

So, it is better to get the lenovo as your work needs a powerful CPU.

Agera One

Estimable
Apr 11, 2014
i7s has hyperthreading and it will help you do your work very quickly than the i5.
You can be fine with i5 too, but the time for work done will be a bit later than the time for work done with i7, and the main thing is price. With just a 3k you're getting latest processor, which means efficient and faster. But say what, the dell has much powerful GPU.

i3s have hyper-threading, i5s have turbo boost - but i7s have both turbo boost and hyper-threading

Since you cannot upgrade CPUs in laptops, it is ALWAYS RECOMMENDED to get laptops with components as advanced as possible to last for long for the money you're spending now. (here the difference is just Rs. 3k and you're not gonna game always).

Solution

legoboye

Estimable
Nov 1, 2014

Alot of mobile I5s Has Hyperthreading and Turboboost, I got 2 examples at my desk atm....