A Splattering of Questions Regarding a Panasonic Speakerboard and a Hitachi TV

jkk45

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Hi guys,

Looking to get a Panasonic HTE80EB-K Wireless Speakerboard for a Hitachi 32" TV.

Links: Wireless speakerboard: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-SC-HTE80EB-K-Speaker...

Hitachi 32" TV: http://www.hitachidigitalmedia.com/en-gb/products/led-t...

Firstly, is the Panasonic Speakerboard good in terms of sound quality and bass? I've read some good reviews on it, but want to get some feedback from people who actually live with it on a day to day basis.

Secondly, what's the best connection to use for optimum sound quality? I was initially considering connecting up via the red/white input (RCA) via an adaptor plugged into the 3.5mm headphone jack in the TV. But because this is analogue would this greatly diminish the sound quality? The speakerboard also has the ability to connect via digital optical (I think please do double check), but I'm not sure if my TV supports this? The final method of connection is via an ARC HDMI. Now my TV definitely has an HDMI port that is labelled ARC. However I don't understand how this works. Does it output the sound from the TV to the speakerboard? If so do I need to wire up all my HDMI devices so they connect straight into to the speakerboard rather into than the TV itself? If so that might be quite hard as there is only one HDMI IN for other devices on the speakerboard and I have a PS4 AND an Amazon Fire Stick, which I use most days.

Thirdly, will the HDMI functions of you being able to control the speakerboards volume from the TVs remote control work, even though I don't have a Panasonic TV?

Finally, since the Panasonic Speakerboard is fairly compact do you think it will accommodate the Hitachi 32" TV, without bits of the stand hanging off the edge? Dimensions for the TV can be found on the relevant link, posted above.

Thanks in advance :)

Neither or your links work for me.
The best way to connect it is to the HDMI ARC input on the TV. The input on the Panasonic is to replace the one that you lose when connected this way. ARC uses wires in a standard HDMI cable to route audio from the TV into an AV receiver or soundbar without an additional cable. You would have to turn ARC on in the TV menu and select it as you source on the Panasonic.
You can also use the optical input if your TV has optical out. Analog would be the last choice but since there is no surround sound it probable won't be much worse.
Can't comment on the quality of the Panasonic from personal experience. Don't expect much bass. Make sure you can return it if you don't like it.