About movies and subtitles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remixex

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014
I'm a total noob when it comes to this, i need to output a movie (in mp4) and subtitles (in srt) in only 1 movie format that a non-smart TV can detect, the TV doesn't recognize the SRT format so the movie doesn't have subtitles when i play it, basically i'd like to watch this without needing a computer, only plugging in a pendrive and watching it, are there any programs that do this without leaving a watermark?

Thanks in advance

Solution
You may not get it to work but try this:

1. Make sure the subtitle file has the exact same name as the movie file.
2. Make sure the subtitle file is in the exact same location as the movie file.
3. Make sure the file format of the movie is compatible with your TV.

If this does not work try this:

a. Open the subtitle file in text editor like Notepad, and then do a “save as” and while saving it, choose Unicode format. Remember to keep the naming convention as mentioned previously.

Rabmac

Estimable
Nov 29, 2015
You may not get it to work but try this:

1. Make sure the subtitle file has the exact same name as the movie file.
2. Make sure the subtitle file is in the exact same location as the movie file.
3. Make sure the file format of the movie is compatible with your TV.

If this does not work try this:

a. Open the subtitle file in text editor like Notepad, and then do a “save as” and while saving it, choose Unicode format. Remember to keep the naming convention as mentioned previously.

Solution

why_wolf

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
uses handbrake and 'burn' the subtitles into the video. This will make them play permanently as part of the video stream. Every device that can at least play the video will show the subtitles no questions asked. Note this is the old school way of doing subtitles, the modern (and better) way is soft subs like you are trying to use.

download: https://handbrake.fr/
wiki: https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/Subtitles

Status
Not open for further replies.