Solved! ac adapter for laptop

sameeh_32

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
so i have this universal ac adapter my original one has 100-240v 1.5a 50-60hz output 19-2.1 a ... the universal one has input 100-240v ~ 50/60hz 1.8A ... and output has closest to my original adapter is 19v - 4.7a is it ok for me to use this adpter with my laptop ?

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
since it is not giving enough juice, it will take longer to do what you are asking it to do, surely will work the charger alot and will be hotter all the time

all will take longer this way, since it wasn't designed to work with this laptop, all you can do is keep a eye on it and try to find the correct charger to get correct charge times

I agree with previous poster - - if you are concerned about possible damage to your laptop by using a third-party universal one, buy a proper replacement which has the same output rating as the original one.

Google should help you to find one, or contact the laptop manufacturer (well known laptop makers like Acer, Packard Bell, HP etc usually have an online shop for laptop battery & charger replacements. They cost more than universal ones but are safe and guaranteed).