Hi! I just purchased a compaq presario F577CL. The AC adaptor runs SUPER hot (I tested it with a thermometer). After being plugged in for 12 minutes, it maxed my thermometer out at 112 degrees. HP mailed me a new one, as that one literally melted the cord. The replacement runs just as hot! The battery only holds a 20 minute charge...
I'm not a computer person... but is a 20 minute charge a reasonable charge for a NEW battery? Do laptop AC adaptor/chargers normally run THAT hot?
Oh- and HP says the power supply isn't warrantied... WHAT??? They sent me a new AC brick, but neglected to send the 2nd half of the power source- the part that plugs into the wall. So I'm having to use the plug end of the old power source (the one that melted!)... when it could be THAT end of the power cord that is faulty.
120 is not out of the ordinary for a power brick. 120 isn't really that hot, it can't burn anything but to humans it feels "burning". Mine is about 100 right now. If it actually melted a cable then you are way above 120.
O Crap! you probably mean Celsius! That is really hot!!! Take that thing back before you burn down your house.