Solved! accidentally locked keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2020
Hey all. I just purchased an "overpowered" brand laptop. The OP-LP3. Suddenly, most of the keyboard stopped responding. All that works is the FN keys to change the screen brightness and backlit keyboard. Mouse still functions. Uninstalled the driver and reinstalled with no success. Also tried FN F3 which looks like it disables/enables the keyboard. Did the same with an on screen keyboard. Keyboard shows up in device manager with no issues. System restore didn't work either. Any suggestions or ideas?

I also tried turning it off and holding the power button to discharge the laptop but it didn't work. I'm unable to pull the battery and repeat as it has a warranty sticker in place.

Solution
Odd occurrence. As the system is new, you should consider contacting the manufacturer for warranty service.

Before doing that, in Device Manager, locate the internal keyboard and right click on it to Uninstall the keyboard. Then restart the system to see if Windows detects the change and re-installs the needed drivers.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Odd occurrence. As the system is new, you should consider contacting the manufacturer for warranty service.

Before doing that, in Device Manager, locate the internal keyboard and right click on it to Uninstall the keyboard. Then restart the system to see if Windows detects the change and re-installs the needed drivers.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.