Acer 4937 Laptop unexpectedly shutdown on Booting.

prageeth1st

Estimable
Jun 12, 2015
My laptop has Windows VISTA.i tried to install windows 7.but in last step of installation (when windows logo appearing after restart) it shutdown unexpectedly.i tried again and again but its notworking. Can you help me guys?

Solution
Hello prageeth1st

You can diagnose the issue using any one or both the below processes:

> Use the same installation disc to install Windows 7 on a different PC and see if the same issue arises. If the problem is identical, you can get a new installation DVD for the operating system and try installing it on the culprit PC again.

> If the installation disc successfully installs Windows 7 on the other computer, that means your culprit computer may need a BIOS update. Check if there is any newer version of BIOS for your laptop is available on the vendor's site. If there is a new version of BIOS available, you can update your current BIOS and check if you are able to install Windows 7 after that.

IMPORTANT: Make sure that you...
Hello prageeth1st

You can diagnose the issue using any one or both the below processes:

> Use the same installation disc to install Windows 7 on a different PC and see if the same issue arises. If the problem is identical, you can get a new installation DVD for the operating system and try installing it on the culprit PC again.

> If the installation disc successfully installs Windows 7 on the other computer, that means your culprit computer may need a BIOS update. Check if there is any newer version of BIOS for your laptop is available on the vendor's site. If there is a new version of BIOS available, you can update your current BIOS and check if you are able to install Windows 7 after that.

IMPORTANT: Make sure that you backup your currently used BIOS before updating to the newer version.

Disclaimer: Tom's Guide, the author of this reply (me), or any other individual or group associated with Tom's Guide must not be held responsible for any damage caused to your computer while updating the BIOS. Generally, computers become unstable when the steps are performed incorrectly.

Good Luck!!

Solution