acer 5315 no recovery partition

Gordon Bath

Estimable
May 13, 2015
need to restore acer aspire 5315 to factory default sold old hard drive as upgraded to 500gb but forgot to do a factory restore backup disc any help on finding a torrent or where to buy disc acer problematic doesnt have buy a 5315 recovery disc option on website

Walter Bishop

Estimable
Sep 23, 2015
Hi

My Mum just gave me and acer 5315 which looks like new but had no disc or drivers. so your in luck I got all of inc the latest bios update.it took ages the site i got the drivers from is as follows http://www.acer.ca/ac/en/CA/content/drivers is Acer in Canada, for some reason they still support the model so you get all drivers and bios update there. Not all driver will be for your model, but download them all, scan, open one zip file at a time starting with the chipset first, then restart, and repeat until all that can install are installed.
I also got the Vista basic Image but can not remember which site, its not digital river but cant remember.
the file is around 2gb you burn the image using windows which may be awkward if you cant get to one, and when you burn just instal , enter your serial number and this will require phone activation as the product i.d will have change as the disc you make will not have the licence built in if you know what I mean, If you can suggest somehere to drop the file i will upload it for you, its been scanned and all the driver on the site have sped the laptop up, after the bios update, which you need new instruction for, and maybe risky ! but if you do it will accept a wider range of cpus and will handle 3gb of ram although I feel one matching pair of ram dims maybe as fast, I bought two today for just £6.00.
hope that helps, if you need the iso file let me know and we can work out a way to get it to you, its important because the fan doesn't work with linux out of the box, and windows ten is not free for us ;-(.
anyway let me know unless you've sorted it already.
Walter Bishop