Question Acer Aspire 5 Crackling, Glitched Pixels and Frozen Screen and Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2021
Hey, Beaux here, I would really appreciate some insight here, I don’t really need any technicians considering I’m returning it tomorrow. But my mum just recently purchased a brand new Acer Aspire 5 for me, for online school through Office Works for $1096 and not even 24 hours after getting it. It’s died on me.
I’m worried it was my fault, if I pushed it too hard by downloading games or what not. But the screen and keys are frozen. It’s making cracklings noises from within and there’s pixels flickering across the screen. I do have a video if anyone would like to see it. I’m just trying to browse around for this problem in case anyone else has found a way out of it. I’m actually more concerned if this could of been avoided by not downloading games or anything. Feel free to reply, any insight is a step closer to dealing with the issue.

If you want the specs they’re here:

i7 + Iris XE core
516GB + 8GB RAM
Thanks again for anyone contributing to this post, I’m feeling very upset at the moment and frustrated with how the worlds treating me and my luck. I’m not that well-off and this laptop was the best we could afford and was meant to keep me happy through University.
Ta.

(Copy that into your Safari or Google. It’s the video if anyone wanted to see)

Mod Edit

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, could you kindly edit your post to make the print a bit larger?

The first possibility is that one or more of the sites from which you downloaded, might have some nasty stuff. Get rid of all the history on your browser then shut WIndows down and when you restart, things might be more calm.

The video might also affect readers here so edit the link out, please.

Jul 10, 2021
First off, could you kindly edit your post to make the print a bit larger?

The first possibility is that one or more of the sites from which you downloaded, might have some nasty stuff. Get rid of all the history on your browser then shut WIndows down and when you restart, things might be more calm.

The video might also affect readers here so edit the link out, please.
Sorry, I can’t edit it any bigger. I didn’t download anything or go on any websites. I returned it anyways. It was a dud since I bought it. The laptop was in fact faulty since it came off the line. Sorry. I can get rid of the video. I’m not sure how to make it any bigger and it was in fact a better quality. It’s not my fault it opened the link. I said down below to enter it in manually. Just so that wouldn’t affect anyone, also I don’t know how it can? Thanks for the input but I figured the problem out. I’m not stupid enough to visit insecure websites, I have a security program running always and it was a game I was using on steam that it decided to have a seizure on

Status
Not open for further replies.