Acer Aspire A615-51 unknown RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2018
Hi,

This Acer laptop model comes with 4GB soldered RAM which I'd like to upgrade to 8GB with a 4GB stick.
I'd like like to match speed and latency, but I have no information on that RAM already installed.

Crucial do not recognise the model, and CPU-Z/Speccy do not show the RAM details, presumably as it is not in a slot.

How can I do this?

Thanks.

Solution
The command I needed was:
wmic memorychip get speed

This showed the speed of the internal 4GB RAM to be 2400.

I installed this:
Crucial CT4G4SFS824A 4 GB (DDR4, 2400 MT/s, PC4-19200, SRx8, SODIMM, 260-Pin) Memory,
and this has brought the system up to 8GB and everything seems stable.
I do not have the expertise to declare this is all working optimally but this is as close to a resolution I'm going to get and I hope anyone who has the same problem finds this useful.

I'll add Acer support are absolutely appalling and refused to give me any information on the RAM, other than incorrectly stating it was DDR3.
My follow-up complaint was just ignored.

Sep 14, 2018
The command I needed was:
wmic memorychip get speed

This showed the speed of the internal 4GB RAM to be 2400.

I installed this:
Crucial CT4G4SFS824A 4 GB (DDR4, 2400 MT/s, PC4-19200, SRx8, SODIMM, 260-Pin) Memory,
and this has brought the system up to 8GB and everything seems stable.
I do not have the expertise to declare this is all working optimally but this is as close to a resolution I'm going to get and I hope anyone who has the same problem finds this useful.

I'll add Acer support are absolutely appalling and refused to give me any information on the RAM, other than incorrectly stating it was DDR3.
My follow-up complaint was just ignored.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS