Acer Aspire Cloud book 11 keyboard malfunction

Ross_35

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017
My Acer aspire laptop running win10 is having major keyboard problems. When I try to type it will only bring up the letter T, regardless of which button I press. I have looked at the sticky keys etc and it's not that. It also isn't the keyboard language/layout either. I have tried reinstalling the device drivers but it tells me they are up to date. I looked in the device properties and it says it's a PS/2 keyboard, I thought that was for plug in keyboards? Can you help as I am at a total loss at what to do.
Thanks in advance, Ross.

Solution
You don't actually want to check for updates to the drivers (which is what it sounds like you did since it said they are up to date) but try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.
You don't actually want to check for updates to the drivers (which is what it sounds like you did since it said they are up to date) but try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Solution