Solved! Acer Aspire Cloudbook 11

eldermark57

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017
I recently performed a factory data reset to my cloudbook 11. During the reset an error popped up and said there was a problem resting factory defaults and asked if I wanted to return to Windows or erase either stored data or user data something like that and I said yes because I didn't have anything worth worrying about on this laptop. But now it will not load Windows and recently started showing " No Bootable Device" and I cannot reset it in the utility options from F2. How can I reboot or recover Windows 7 on this device without backup disk?

Solution
Sounds like your drive failed, contact ACER support if it's in warranty, or get another drive and try installing Windows on that. You will need to find a Windows 7 disk to do this with. Check with local computer shops if they have one you can use, they should keep an Win 7 OEM disk handy.
Sounds like your drive failed, contact ACER support if it's in warranty, or get another drive and try installing Windows on that. You will need to find a Windows 7 disk to do this with. Check with local computer shops if they have one you can use, they should keep an Win 7 OEM disk handy.

Solution

eldermark57

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017

eldermark57

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017
Thanks! I tried Acer but they want $45 for recovery software because my warranty was expired.. I'll probably just purchase something else. Thanks for your input.