Acer Aspire E1-470 laptop keyboard stop working

Clementee

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
For some unknown reason my Caps lock,M,S,D,G,H, Up Arrow. stop working all of the sudden even tough it was fine just 3 seconds ago. i think because i press the arrow and D button too hard before?

i am sorry, i cant explain much. its Hard to type like this with on screen keyboard

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- First is to go to Device Manager and uninstall the Keyboard driver.
- Once done reboot your PC and it should reinstall the keyboard driver automatically.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Next is to try a USB keyboard and see if those keys which is not working will work.
- If those keys works on an external USB keyboard and on the onscreen keyboard your last bet would be to reinstall Windows.
- If reinstalling Windows will not work, unfortunately the only solution would be to replace the keyboard.

Clementee

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
This is the TC. First of all thank you so much for answering. Unfortunately reinstalling keyboard does not work. I have not yet try the Usb keyboard though

One other thing i'd like to mention is actually this happens since yesterday, i've made the topic since yeesterday but on the wrong forum (audio....) and just this morning all the buttpn magically works only for suddenly stop working again for no reason.... i wonder why

Once again tnx tho