Acer Aspire E1 Display flickers

incdesignsgolf

Prominent
Feb 24, 2017
My Acer Aspire E1 display works fine, IF the lcd is opened about 25%. When I try to open it more the screen will either flicker, or go blue. When connected through HDMI it displays and functions fine on the 2nd display.

My thoughts are the lcd cable is either detached or possibly broken?

Thoughts? I'd like to fix it myself, if its just the cable, or a part sub $75.

Solution
The only way to know if it is the ribbon cable is to open it up and look. However, that said, if the device is under warranty, you don't want to open it up yourself and do anything, as that would void the warranty.

If it isn't under warranty, then you should be fine to open it up and check out the cable. Make sure there are no bends, pinched parts, tears, etc. You may also wish to disconnect and reconnect it to make sure it wasn't just loose.
The only way to know if it is the ribbon cable is to open it up and look. However, that said, if the device is under warranty, you don't want to open it up yourself and do anything, as that would void the warranty.

If it isn't under warranty, then you should be fine to open it up and check out the cable. Make sure there are no bends, pinched parts, tears, etc. You may also wish to disconnect and reconnect it to make sure it wasn't just loose.

Solution