Need some advice regarding my laptop. When I turned on my laptop, the power led light up and the fan is running, but there is no display. Not even the Acer logo. When I forced shut down, I could see the screen blip for a second.
There was one time after this problem happened, my laptop become very hot ( I can't remember whether it was on stand by or not). I already tried connecting my laptop with external monitor using vga cable but still no display.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If this will not work, do test the AC adapter if it's working properly. Remove the battery and power the laptop with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up or not. do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's if trying a different AC adapter will not work, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not work, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. If there's a display on the external monitor that could mean that the problem is the built in display.
- But if there's still no display on the external monitor that means the problem lies in the GPU.