Solved! Acer Aspire ES1-520 can't find my WiFi, any solutions?

urlm93

Commendable
May 6, 2016
- It runs on a Qualcomm Atheros AR956x.
- Tried updating its driver both from Acer.com, third party website and driver updater app.
- Finds other WiFi's, just not mine.
- Other devices find my WiFi just fine.
- Tried to "connect manually" but that didn't really do anything.
- Has found my WiFi before, just not anymore, can't pinpoint any significant changes between when it did and when it stopped finding it.

I feel like I've exhausted all my options, here. I have no clue how to get this laptop online. It just won't find my WiFi.

Please, I'm desperate for help.

Solution
Hi,

It seems like that you're wifi is working fine since it can detect other Wifi hotspot. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Wifi Adapter of your laptop?
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Wifi adapter.
- Once done, reboot the laptop and it should automatically install the driver.
- After the reboot, do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If it will still not work, do a power cycle with the modem and router.
- Turn off the modem and router for couple of seconds then turn it back on and see if your laptop will be able to connect or not.
- If all these will not work I would suggest contacting your ISP as well.
Hi,

It seems like that you're wifi is working fine since it can detect other Wifi hotspot. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Wifi Adapter of your laptop?
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Wifi adapter.
- Once done, reboot the laptop and it should automatically install the driver.
- After the reboot, do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If it will still not work, do a power cycle with the modem and router.
- Turn off the modem and router for couple of seconds then turn it back on and see if your laptop will be able to connect or not.
- If all these will not work I would suggest contacting your ISP as well.

Solution

Mia15295

Prominent
May 25, 2017
Hello,
This is quite a late answer, though this worked for my Acer Aspire E 15 experiencing the exact same problem. Literally word for word to the issue you posted.

1. Go to/select Network Settings.
2. Click 'Manage known networks'.
3. Delete/'forget' the wifi network you normally use (i.e. your wifi).
4. Restart computer.
5. Your wifi network name should now show up. Connect as usual (entering network key/password).
6. Problem should be solved. Your wifi should be connected.