ACER aspire laptop screen is black and non responsive!! HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rbigic

Estimable
Apr 17, 2014
When I turn my laptop on it just says "acer" then the little loading circle underneath then one beep then the screen is black and then nothing!! I've tried alt-f10, ctrl-alt-del. making the battery go flat then starting up again. It is responding to nothing at all! Nothing new was downloaded or anything. It was on and working one minute and then when I went to use it the screen was black like it was sleeping and the. Nothing at all!! Help!!! I'm renting the laptop too so if I give it to them they will charge me a ridiculous amount of money when I know nothing has been done to it to make it like this.

Atkinson Chikuse

Estimable
Jun 23, 2014
Hey Rbigic I encountered the same problem with my laptop. all you need to do is hit F2, F9 and F10 and press enter. reboot it right after. i'm pretty sure that will do the trick for you. it worked for me

Beckels3

Estimable
Aug 13, 2014

What was the solution? My laptop is doing exactly the same thing :(

HAR365

Estimable
Mar 22, 2015
To fix my acer aspire e5-571 : I removed the battery while the laptop was on (with the charger in ) after that I held F12 for 60 seconds. Then I removed the charger- which turned the laptop off. Next I inserted the battery back in. And voila it started working as normal.

Adisa_

Estimable
Nov 15, 2015

Thank you. This worked. It took me a while to find a way to take the battery out but youtube is awesome for that too! Thank you

Delpha

Estimable
Dec 22, 2015

Jami__

Estimable
Jan 1, 2016

GP7000

Estimable
Aug 31, 2014

Thanks a million for this suggestion. I had the same problem (black screen, only mouse arrow showing) when trying to boot my Acer Aspire V3-772G, and after I tried this suggestion, it booted right up.

tchaynes

Estimable
Sep 6, 2014

My laptop is doing the same thing. It is a touch screen Asprire V5. It seems like this is a common issue :(

bigmama83

Estimable
Nov 4, 2014

I have an acer aspire 5580 and am having the same problem. How do I reprogram the bios chip?

kyky101

Estimable
Nov 6, 2014

I tried this (battery was out, laptop still connected to power and the black screen was on with mouse, I held down the power button an F12 at the same tim for a rough 60 seconds (I was impatient) the computer turned off straight away then I waited ab bit and turned it on again as I normally do, the loading screen came on (I crossed my fingers, said a little prayer) and bam... It seemed to work? thank you!!!

Miss ina

Estimable
Feb 6, 2015

I'm having the same issue with Acer E1-571. Restarted the laptop and then got a black screen after login... nothing is working

engrjunjie

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015

I got the same problem yesterday, and I tried researching on acer website for e recovery. I got a useful tools just ( alt key + F10 ).

MrAOK

Estimable
Mar 7, 2015
it's a tight cable issue. It disappears if the bottom is taken off the laptop. But I can't quite figure out where the cable is pulled too tight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 6
L Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 3
9 Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1