Acer Aspire One audio problems

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I got the same "no resetteable ATA channels found. Nothing changed" message, but now that I've restarted the audio seems to be working fine.

Thanks guys :)

G

Thank you thank you thankl you - not only has it cured the audio 'skipping' but my nettbook now runs loads faster - seriously - I was having all sorts of problems, slow start up, programs taking ages to run, and this audio problem. I had just resigned myself to reformat the disk when I cam across this thread and this tip.

So I ran the application, rebooted and the netbook startedup ten times faster than it hsa been doing this past few weeks, and audio works as well!!!......what on earth has happened?

akulavinodkumar

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010

I have acer Aspire 6930-Windows 7.0, I am sound problem it starts skip after some time on every start of my laptop
I try evrying that is suggested by

Can you please let me know what should i do to get rid of this problems

karlknu

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
This is from ACER and it was the only thing that worked for me. My issue was the sound playing mp3s was very crackly... This worked for me.

1. Disconnect the AC adapter from the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds then release it. (You will not see anything happen)

4. Connect the AC Adapter to the laptop. Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in.

5. Turn the computer on as normal.

6. Once Windows boots, insert the battery.

I suggest you to update the audio driver to resolve the issue. Go through the following link to update the audio driver for AO751h :-

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Audio/Audio_Realtek_5.10.0.6024_XPx86_A.zip?acerid=634007598742004411&Step1=Netbook&Step2=Aspire One&Step3=AO751h&OS=X01&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=PA_7

G

I just created an account just to say to citywireless THANK YOU VERY MUCH! My Aspire One starts up faster now, and it loaded as fast as it could be! AND THE SOUND, IS WORKING FAST! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! YOU HAVE MY THANKS! :D

G

how do you un-install?

jarmaami

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
the you tube is running well, but has no sound. when i played sample music also running but no sound. when i called using yahoo messenger, i can be heard but i cannot hear. what will i do in order to restore the sound wizard again?

SunnyOne1234

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
Had to register on this site as well to say THANK YOU to citywireless!!!! I have been trying for several hours a day over a few weeks to fix my dysfunctional audio on my acer. I had nothing to lose, so I did exactly as told. It was taking me 20 mins. to start up my computer and get on the internet (when you are staring at a computer screen THAT'S A LONG TIME!!). I also did the karlknu suggestion (I figured I might as well do a 2fer). I restarted and got onto the internet in less than a minute!!! It's almost hard to believe it took the computer maybe 5 seconds to do what it needed to do after I downloaded the link. I have to tell all my "computer pro's" about this (who could NOT figure it out). I am plastering this helpful site to everyone on facebook! THANK YOU THANK YOU! I am a little embarassed to admit that I totally lost my temper with this computer this morning and tore the keys off it, stabbed it with a fork and threw it on the bedroom floor. I spent an hour re-attaching the keys b/c there's little plastic "frames" that give the key it's "bounce." Oh well, kept me from doing further cosmetic damage to this poor little computer. THANKS SO MUCH!!

SunnyOne1234

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010

From the bottom of my heart - THANK YOU....it took 10 seconds to fix something I've been working on w/numerous computer people over several weeks :) :)

thecolla

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
I don't know if it is same issue but for sure the same symptoms (lags and audio skips) and I easily solved the problem disabling "enery saving" in the "realtek hd audio manager".

bye.
theco.

Status
Not open for further replies.