Acer aspire one d255e keyboard issue

kissrawks

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
I have an Acer Inspire One d255e, running Windows 7 startup.
When I have a browser running (IE, Chrome or Opera), I type anything and a number comes up on display, going in order 1-0. I can cut and paste or have a password saver program put username/passwords in without a problem. Occassionally this will occur when I am in a non-internet based application, but I just close and re-open and the problem is gone.
When I press the windows key and type, I get normal typing, until I hit a shortcut.
Since the keyboard is small, I mistype more and I am fairly convinced I hit a hidden combination of keys. Acer says it's a software problem and not covered under the warranty.
Any combination with numblock doesn't fix anything.
Please help!

kissrawks

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
i can't find that information where it says "english" somewhere, but it appears to be english. when i press and hold the windows button, english letters appear as i type them until i hit a shortcut.

control panel under region and language check the format that give you thye language of your os then go place that where you tel the system you live last one is keyboard and language press modify keyboard read is english is on first and you got english in the top box

kissrawks

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
all of them, including punctuation using shift and non-shift. as far as i can tell there are no locks set. is there any way to reset keyboard? i reset bios to default, took battery out for awhile. i did a factory default restore and a point restore before i started adding programs. it worked correctly from 30 sec to a day.

kissrawks

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
correction, i get the number problem when i do punctuation, too.
is there any way to reset the flash mem to reset the keyboard? i am 99% convinced i am in keyboard hell from some unknown combo of keystrokes. thanks.