acer black screen without mouse pointer showing

kazegawa

Estimable
Jun 18, 2015
after a system required restart, after the logo, its just black as it is without any mouse pointers visible or anything. what should i do? please help me

Solution
You would need a Windows install DVD or a Windows repair disc to access the repair options. You can try using F8 when the system is starting (hold it down), but if you continue to have that black screen, you'll have to boot from one of said discs and hope that one of the tools from there will work (if using a Windows install DVD, be sure to use the "Repair your computer" option).
Shut it down if it's still at that screen, first. If your model has a removable battery, take out the battery and the charger, hold the power button for 5 seconds, and then reconnect your battery and charger.

Start the laptop, and if you get a message about Windows not shutting down properly, proceed to boot it as normal (don't worry about running a 'Startup Repair'). If you continue to have problems, there may be an issue with your Windows install that may require you to try using a restore point.

kazegawa

Estimable
Jun 18, 2015
^ i tried doing it but still got black screen after acer logo. ;(
i didnt get a message about windows not shutting down. what should i do to get to system restore or safe mode? because all i can access is f2 which is the bios.

its an acer aspire e1-571 laptop

You would need a Windows install DVD or a Windows repair disc to access the repair options. You can try using F8 when the system is starting (hold it down), but if you continue to have that black screen, you'll have to boot from one of said discs and hope that one of the tools from there will work (if using a Windows install DVD, be sure to use the "Repair your computer" option).

Solution