Plebian123

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015
Hey! I recently got a Chromebook from school to use for educational uses which is great!
But the problem is that when i got it I started setting it up, googling around, changing themes etc and suddenly the screen froze and it just looked really weird.
I tested to plug a HDMI cable into it and see if it was just the screen which was damaged and not the computer itself, and yes, it worked just fine when plugged into a screen so i figured the problem most likely was the screen itself or the cables between the screen and the other components of the computer. Also the light that shows battery length and if its running were all blue, which means they were running.
And what I´d like to ask you guys help for is, does anyone know anything that might solve this issue of mine or what is the problem if im wrong?
I kinda already voided the warranty by opening it up so... yeah that was stupid of me
Thanks for taking your time reading this!

Hi,

If it's working normally with an external monitor that means it's the built in display that has the problem. You are correct when you say that it could be with the cable that connects the display to the motherboard. You can try to reseat the cable of it just to make sure that it's connected properly into the motherboard. If this will not solve the problem you may have you replace the display itself.

Plebian123

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015

Ah kk thanks, il send it back and pray that i didnt void the warranty by opening it up! :)

TRENDING THREADS