Acer Extensa 4620Z No startup configuring 3/3

blade2697

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
Hi, My grandfather recently gave me his laptop to repair..I can't seem to figure out how to fix it so I need some help. The Laptop won't start up. It goes black after the Windows Vista loading bar. I tried running in safemode, and it started updating 3/3 0% and wouldn't go anywhere then it would go to a black screen. I have recovery disks too. Also it says my account is disabled when I try to log into the guest, Admin, or the account my grandpa made. If all else fails, what can I do to recover photos? Should I take it out and plug it into my desktop PC? I'm afraid to do that due to the fact that there's a chance it could be a Virus. All help is appreciated.

Solution
Best thing to do, pull out the drive, use an enclosure or direct hook up into your PC, then extract the files that he wants saved. Then plug the drive back into his laptop and then do a reformat. Another thing you can try is get a live version of a linux distro such as Mint Linux, put it on a USB drive. Turn on the laptop, hit F12 to get the boot menu, select the USB drive and try to load in Mint Linux, while it has been awhile since I've last used it, i think it gives an option to start as live mode (meaning you don't have to install it) and try to back up files that way as well if a) you don't want to plug the drive into your computer or b) dont have an enclosure.

Warukyure

Estimable
Best thing to do, pull out the drive, use an enclosure or direct hook up into your PC, then extract the files that he wants saved. Then plug the drive back into his laptop and then do a reformat. Another thing you can try is get a live version of a linux distro such as Mint Linux, put it on a USB drive. Turn on the laptop, hit F12 to get the boot menu, select the USB drive and try to load in Mint Linux, while it has been awhile since I've last used it, i think it gives an option to start as live mode (meaning you don't have to install it) and try to back up files that way as well if a) you don't want to plug the drive into your computer or b) dont have an enclosure.

Solution