acer laptop doesnt start

joao9186

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
Hi,

I have a 2010 cheap Acer laptop. It fell while on. Apparently it continued to work as usual but now it refuses to boot. Media test failure Exiting Broadcom is the message that appears.

Hard drive is a 640Gb WesternDigital. It is connected properly. However, it starts spinning and stops and it seems to go on a loop.

Could you please help me?
I can provide more details. I don't understand much about computers, just the basics :)

Thank you for your time!

unoriginal1

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
hard drives have moving parts and when you dropped the laptop you likely damaged the hard drive as well as other components. If you get it to boot back up any all of your important data.

You can try a new hard drive but chances are there could be more physical damage.

joao9186

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
Ive tried to connect the hard drive to another laptop, but the other laptop is a 2005 one and it uses a different connection. I only have a desktop computer besides those.

unoriginal1

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012

That wouldn't have worked anyways. All the chipsets, drivers etc are going to be different.

You can try to get an adapter like USB to sata to try to connect the hard drive to your desktop or something but thats still no guarantee that you will be able to pull anything off of the HDD. Might be a good idea at this point to take it to a laptop repair shop and them look at it for you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DariusEldritch Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1