acer media usb not showing up in menu no matter what, even after changing BIOS. Only shows windows boot option

Tammy_60

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
due to sluggish behavior, I tried to reset my Acer Switch 10 according to the directions (I have done this many times on other devices), but then it just got hung up in a windows installation loop. It boots up but keeps telling me "the process was interrupted, please hit OK to restart the computer." Since it does the repeatedly, I ended up ordering a media USB from Acer to reboot my tablet, however, the tablet won't detect anything but Windows boot when I hit F12. I changed the BIOS line up, and did specifics, it all shows up in the F2 Bios access, it just never actually changes it. I have tried agian and again but it will only give me the Windows option for boot when I check F12. I am very frustrated and heard that windows causes this hang up a lot. Any suggestions?

Solution
Hi and thank you for answering. The USB was from Acer, it was an eRecovery Thumb Drive.
I ended up doing a regedit in command prompt, changing some values, then it finally showed the other boot options in F12. The USB would show up in bios but not F12. It is all working fine now and again, thanks for the reply.

Have you tested the USB on another computer to make sure it is detected at all? Some USBs just don't read well. Also, how was the software placed on the USB? Did you burn the ISO file to the USB, or did you just copy the files? I ask because just 'copying' them usually won't work.

Tammy_60

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016

Tammy_60

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
Hi and thank you for answering. The USB was from Acer, it was an eRecovery Thumb Drive.
I ended up doing a regedit in command prompt, changing some values, then it finally showed the other boot options in F12. The USB would show up in bios but not F12. It is all working fine now and again, thanks for the reply.

Solution

bigtiffgar

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016