Acer refuses to send me service instructions

Zdos123

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
Hi,
I spent £30 on buying an acer aspire es1-132 replacement top cover as it broke, i need to get i working as it is my younger brothers school laptop, however Acer refuses to give me instructions for how to replace it and quotes me £100 to replace the keyboard, and i'm like WTF, you sold it to me and now you refuse to give me instructions and want me to buy a new keyboard and pay for them to do it and it is going to take 1 month. I just want some instructions so i can be 100% sure, do i not have the right to repair my own devices, Acer support is f*cking joke. Does anyone have any ideas or instructions on what i should do or how i should replace it.
Thanks,
Zdos123

mgallo848

Great
Apr 4, 2018
I understand your frustration but think about it, if you called an Auto repair shop and said "hey, I don't want to pay you for your time to fix my car, just tell me how so I can do it myself" I believe you would get the same answer.

Wildcard is right though. Just google it, I'm sure the instructions (and possibly how-to pics and videos) are out there.