Jayson12345

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016
My acer v nitro vn7-591g wont turn on and it just a blank screen when I power on it, led is working, tried unplug the cmos battery, ram, battery reset, and 30sec power on off trick still the same.....

at first I was in dota 2 (main screen, not even start playing) then the screen freeze and make a very loud buzz noise then it turn into the error blue screen said stop code: whea_uncorrectable_error and keep on reboot then show the blue screen...... and I try to force restart it, it stuck at the preparing automatica repair and now it wont even turn on the screen and show acer logo....

any suggestions? how to install lastest bios using usb?

Solution
Power issues be it a PC PSU or in laptops battery/power converter issues (among other issues), can cause bios corruption with the blank screen. And by your description this seems to me a likely cause.

Try this: Repeat your initial trick (unplug the cmos battery, ram) and include removing the AC cable and when all is removed, press the power button holding it presses for 60 seconds) and leave it resetting for one hour... and if still nothing after that, repeat the same process but this time leave it resetting overnight or 10-12 hours.

If that doesn't do it, you'd have to trace the loud buzzing noise. The only component that I know can cause a loud buzz is one of the moving parts which are fans and HDDs.. of these; the hdd isn't...

Chicano

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Power issues be it a PC PSU or in laptops battery/power converter issues (among other issues), can cause bios corruption with the blank screen. And by your description this seems to me a likely cause.

Try this: Repeat your initial trick (unplug the cmos battery, ram) and include removing the AC cable and when all is removed, press the power button holding it presses for 60 seconds) and leave it resetting for one hour... and if still nothing after that, repeat the same process but this time leave it resetting overnight or 10-12 hours.

If that doesn't do it, you'd have to trace the loud buzzing noise. The only component that I know can cause a loud buzz is one of the moving parts which are fans and HDDs.. of these; the hdd isn't likely to cause complete systen failure but you can remove it, and see if makes any difference. To check fan operation you'd have to open the computer shell and plug it on to watch fan operation.

The only way I can think of testing the AC-DC power converter is testing it on another laptop or trying the converter from another laptop on your's.

The battery even if dead should still allow the laptop to run plugged on the AC outlet... but I've read cases (read comments on this) when the battery did affect normal operation, but you can remove the battery and try the laptop plugged to the AC outlet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/effects-of-poor-dead-battery.5332/

Solution