Acronis true image back up question.

trydowave

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
Hi. recently backed up my 2 separate 500gig hdds (running in my main pc, one system and apps and the other data) using acronis true image 2014,
I backed up to a single 1tb drive and I choose the normal default compression level.

I wanted to check if I have done everything correctly before I forget about it.

Heres an image of acronis disk director (showing all drives connected), true image and the 1tb back up drive plugged in showing the backed up files.

Thanks

mbreslin1954

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
It looks fine. Set it to incremental, if it's not already set to that. The first time it will make a full system image, then subsequent backups will be just the changes. You should be able to get a few weeks worth of backups before the backup drive gets filled up and you have to start over.

trydowave

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012

how do I set up the incremental? Im only really looking to back it up once rather than all of the time. Should I bother with the incremental steps? I only say this as it took about 5 hours to do last time. Would the incremental back ups take a lot less time to do.

Sorry if these questions seem basic im totally new to this image stuff. Never used this kind of software before.

Cheers