Solved! Active speaker output for passive pair is not working

Feb 18, 2021
Hi guys,

I have a pair of Presonus Eris E4.5 that worked fine until recently (the powered speaker has always had a low frequency hum, though). However, the passive speaker has stopped producing sound.
I took it out and plugged it to an amp, showing that it works without an issue. I also exchanged the left with the right input cables and still got sound only on the active speaker. So the problem is on the latter.
I then opened it and visually checked the caps (usual culprits on this kind of issues, I've heard). Everything seems to be in order (i didn't see any bulging or leaking, but may be wrong - I'm by no means an expert).

Does anyone have any ideas on what may be causing this? Thanks!

Solution
so the source is fine, but the amplifier of the second channel for the speaker doesn´t work. This could be an easy fix if only a connection is lose or cracked inside the box. Anything other than that is really difficult to say from a distance.

Take some pictures of the inside of the active speaker, upload to imgur.com and post the link in here
so the source is fine, but the amplifier of the second channel for the speaker doesn´t work. This could be an easy fix if only a connection is lose or cracked inside the box. Anything other than that is really difficult to say from a distance.

Take some pictures of the inside of the active speaker, upload to imgur.com and post the link in here

Solution
Feb 18, 2021

Here are a couple of pictures of the inside: View: https://imgur.com/a/phQpBVL

Please let me know if you need anything else (I have a multimeter, so I can check connections and so on). Thanks a lot for the help!

Last edited: