Solved! Adding an external sound card to DELL Inspiron 5000 5579 laptop.

Feb 8, 2019
Hello all,

I am interested in buying an external sound card for my DELL laptop since I am very upset with its sound quality.
However, I have wireless Bluetooth headphones set, and I couldn't find any sound card that supports wireless headphones,

Can you advise please?

Thank you.

D

Deleted member 217926

I'm not familiar with the Ausdom 06 and based on the price I'm not sure there's anything you can do to improve their sound. The 1More Triple drivers are excellent. I have the wired Quad Drivers and everything I've read says the Triples are very close.

I'm assuming you have the newer Bluetooth version of the Triple Drivers? How do they sound with other devices?

Feb 8, 2019
I'm not familiar with the Ausdom 06 and based on the price I'm not sure there's anything you can do to improve their sound. The 1More Triple drivers are excellent. I have the wired Quad Drivers and everything I've read says the Triples are very close.

I'm assuming you have the newer Bluetooth version of the Triple Drivers? How do they sound with other devices?

When I use the Ausdom with me cell phone, the sound is awesome (at least to my standards).
Regarding the 1More set - as Bluetooth earphones, they are the best I had.

Feb 15, 2019
I think there might be some fundamental misunderstanding of the technologies involved here. If your headphones are connected to your computers via Bluetooth, then the soundcard is bypassed and the internal electronics of the headphones BECOME the soundcard. Therefore, any difference you are hearing comes down to the internal digital to analog conversion in the computer or the Bluetooth implementation in the computer...one or the other or both. Adding an external soundcard to this setup will have ZERO effect on sound quality...unless the external soundcard has its own Bluetooth transmitter.

D

Deleted member 217926

I think there might be some fundamental misunderstanding of the technologies involved here. If your headphones are connected to your computers via Bluetooth, then the soundcard is bypassed and the internal electronics of the headphones BECOME the soundcard. Therefore, any difference you are hearing comes down to the internal digital to analog conversion in the computer or the Bluetooth implementation in the computer...one or the other or both. Adding an external soundcard to this setup will have ZERO effect on sound quality...unless the external soundcard has its own Bluetooth transmitter.

Yep that was exactly my point above. It almost has to be the Bluetooth.