Admin rights stealing virus removal

Feb 7, 2018
Ok I believe I am dealing with malware, first off please assume I'm a complete novice. I was cleaning out my emails and I opened a few to unsubscribe to them and almost immediately afterwards a few programs began installing onto my desktop (mainly HD wallpapers which keeps coming back every time I delete it).
I removed them and I went to uninstall programs in the control panel and tried to remove all the new ones... no luck... Next a whole assortment of processes began running in the background with word names like warlord, scrim, electrification, and convertina running ads. Tried to use my comodo antivirus, wouldn't open, tried to run as administrator, it was blocked, same thing with McAfee. Somehow they as long with Windows defender had been turned off and somehow can't be turned back on. I ran a command prompt virus scan which ran for hours... Nothing. Tried to restore/reset.. won't even start not too familiar with the booting in safemode and networking process tried it couldn't get it. I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 any help would be much appreciated

Solution
Using any Windows installation CD/DVD:
You should have a Windows Installation CD/DVD from somewhere.
The exact same version as the one you have now.
Your S/N is usually on your PC (sticker), you will need this to activate your fresh Windows. (S/N is not necessary for Win10)
Boot to that CD and start formating everything, then install Windows.

For branded PCs, sometimes you should have or you can ask the customer service for an installation CD/DVD specially for your type of PC.

Some branded PC has a protected partition to restore the complete PC. You can activate this restore function, it will wipe eveyrthing. Usually, you have to press certain button during booting...

guanyu210379

Distinguished
If you have strange mails never ever "unsubscribe".
Just send those mail directly to junk or SPAM folder.

I do not know what hit your PC and how bad it has infected your PC.
If it is really bad, the only way left to do is to format your Windows partition and simply re-install your Windows again from scratch.

Feb 7, 2018

I can't figure out how to do that I've tried going through system reset in the settings, but it won't start it'll ask for permission and then nothing...same thing with restore. I don't remember how the whole partition process works though are there any decent resources?

guanyu210379

Distinguished
Using any Windows installation CD/DVD:
You should have a Windows Installation CD/DVD from somewhere.
The exact same version as the one you have now.
Your S/N is usually on your PC (sticker), you will need this to activate your fresh Windows. (S/N is not necessary for Win10)

For branded PCs, sometimes you should have or you can ask the customer service for an installation CD/DVD specially for your type of PC.

Some branded PC has a protected partition to restore the complete PC. You can activate this restore function, it will wipe eveyrthing. Usually, you have to press certain button during booting up, similar like in order to go to BIOS. (a.k.a. before Windows starts, you will not be asked for admin password. It is possible that you would need another password to do this)

If you are blind completely of these kinda things, you can google for tutorials or ask the customer service of your brand PC.

Solution