Adobe flash player not working

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
My parents ask me why the adobe flash player wasn't working right because I have to install over and over again I need to figure out why won't it work. I think that the OS is corrupt and needs to be reinstalled what do you guys thinks?

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

That did thee trick, but now I can't watch some of the videos YouTube via firefox.

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
I don't know what to tell you there. Perhaps those videos use an older version of flash that isn't compatible. Did you have all your broswers closed when you uninstalled/reinstalled flash? Also, what is your default browser as I think the flash browser plugin may only get installed to your default browser.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

Sorry about the last reply just be busy with stuff, anyway my default browser is Firefox I may have uninstall then reinstall it for it to work right?

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
If you already tried the uninstaller above, you shouldn't need to do it again, but doing so won't harm anything. To make sure it's installed correctly, open firefox and in the URL bar type in about: plugins and it will show your installed plugins. make sure the current version of flash is installed.

NOTE: Don't use a space between the colon and the word "plugins". I only put a space in so it won't show up as this smiley. :p

fantastik250

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
You need to uninstall all versions of flash and not have any web browsers open. Then just re-install flash by downloading the new version of adobe flash player from adobe.com (using your current firefox). Once downloaded, close any open web browsers or programs and install new adobe flash.

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
What makes you think windows is corrupt? Windows has nothing to do with flash. If windows was corrupt, I'd expect blue screens or the OS having trouble starting, shutting down, or launching programs. if your browser works as expected other than flash not working, then the problem is either the browser or flash. If you have to keep installing flash, I'd try reinstalling your browser or scan for malware.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

Ok I'll check then I'll let you know what happened.