Ads by Triangulum

Xeffin

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
Good evening everyone,

I recently picked up an adware by the name of "Ads By Triangulum".

I've looked up how to remove it and have tried all of the known fixes, I've system restored, used Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes, and AdwCleaner.

The adware isn't on my web browsers, but rather on my gaming program known as Steam.

Every time I enter Steam i'm taken to the Steam store in the app where the ad pops up and stops me from doing anything.

I was wondering if there were any known fixes other than the ones listed above that I could try?

P.S. - I have uninstalled and reinstalled Steam and the adware is still there.

Thank you in advance!

Xeffin

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016

I literally did EVERYTHING in that post and it didn't work. I mentioned that in my post. :/

Hyboria

Estimable
Aug 25, 2015
Have you got a system restore point you can revert to?

I've had issues with some pernicious browser highjackers previously that resulted in me just doing a complete system reinstallation. Took a couple of hours to get back to where I was but I'd already spent a couple trying to remove it manually. If all else fails, back up the files you need and wipe everything

Xeffin

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016

I did system restore already and it removed every other ad and virus other than this one that is only attacking Steam. I don't want to wipe everything just for that. :/

Hyboria

Estimable
Aug 25, 2015
Well, if you've tried manual removal, tried a system restore, tried using a virus scanner, I'd say there's only one thing for it.

Think of it as spring cleaning for your PC :p

Xeffin

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016

Well the thing is that the virus is only coming up when I enter the Steam store which uses a web browser in a sense, so i'm thinking the adware virus is latched onto one of my web browsers. So with that is there anywhere you think I can check to potentially find said adware virus?