Advice on new tablet (up to $1000 budget)

Jak Atackka

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Greetings, people of Tom's Hardware. I'm looking into buying a tablet for myself, and am not sure where to start. To start, I'll answer the basic questionnaire:

First time? Yes.
OS? No preference.
Screen size? Between 7" and 10". I don't want a phablet or a portable laptop.
Brands? No preference.
Budget? The most I'm willing to spend is $1000, and even that I'm not comfortable with. I'd prefer to spend much less, but I'm open to pricier options.
Cell service? None, only Wi-Fi.
Laptop replacement? Definitely not.
Apps? None I can't live without.

Other considerations? Good battery life is a must (at least six hours under normal usage). A good screen and good speakers would be big pluses.

I've owned a couple of iPods the past few years and really like iOS, but I want to branch out and try other OSes. I've used a coworker's Surface Pro 2 and it's pretty awesome (hence the high budget). However, I already own a top-notch laptop, a 17" 2013 Razer Blade Pro, so I don't want a tablet that replaces a laptop. I just want a device to fill the gap between my portable but wimpy iPod and very powerful but bulky Razer.

I will primarily use the tablet for web browsing, Netflix, and light gaming. Productivity is not a requirement, and I already have a gaming laptop and desktop for heavy gaming.

Solution
For what you want, any tablet in the 2-300 range is fine, the Windows 8 tablets are nice, if you want to run Windows programs but they are double the price of an Android tablet in the same speed range. Take a look at the Nexus models.

nareshkraina

Estimable
Jun 19, 2014
you should get those 2-in-1 or multitouch tablets lenovo recently inroduced four different models like yoga 2,flex2 etc.if you want tablet for mainly gaming then you should get razor edge