Affordable and Portable Gaming Laptops?

Arcenfall

Estimable
Jun 14, 2015
My MBP is already 5 years old and I'm getting tired of it. I'm thinking about getting a laptop with a 970M or equivalent graphics card so I could use this laptop for games in the long run. The Razer Blade 14" is my dream but at $2000 the price is a little off putting. I'm a university student that needs to lug my laptop from place to place constantly and would like to do a little gaming. Anyone has any recommendations?

Arcenfall

Estimable
Jun 14, 2015

Hahaha I'm sorry, okay, I meant portable as in 15" maximum for screen size? the 17" is really bulky for me, especially when I'm moving from place to place / class to class for university. I'm concerned about overheating and the ability to play future games for another 2-3 years. Which is why the Razer Blade seems a perfect fit, but that's just the marketing and advertising crying out to me.

Do you know much about the Gigabyte - P34W v3?

Arcenfall

Estimable
Jun 14, 2015

Oooh that's a major draw back then. Heat from the computer and Noise from the fan is definitely a put off as well. My Macbook has gotten me into some trouble with the noise. The Alienware 15 looks good. Thanks for your recommendations. Would definitely have to go to the store to see if it would be bulky to carry around at 3kg.

Apart from Alienware do you recommend any other brands that would be interesting to look at?

Arcenfall

Estimable
Jun 14, 2015

Thank you so much for this. You've helped a great deal with my decision :D