after battery change battery is not charging anymore, but shows 100%, but it is empty

VolkABC

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017
Windows 10 latest update installiert.
Ultrabook Toshiba Satellite Z930-130 (4-5 years old)

new OEM battery replaced the old one.
but it is not charging.

reinstalled old battery: not charging.

followed the recommendation in internet:

take out the

battery de-install the battery driver

built in battery

restart.

both with old and new battery.

both are not charging anymore. (old battery had before at least a runtime of 30-60 min)

now nothing......

I have seen that in the same time new updates have been installed. (14 Jan and later)

any idea what I can do? de-install the updates?

thanks in advance for your help.

Solution
The battery sensor is only measuring voltage, but the only way to properly test a battery is under load.

Having the battery voltage look OK but collapse when under load is the classic symptom of a bad battery, but the charger may indeed be faulty and what the sensor is reading is a "surface charge."
Are you sure it is the battery and not the charger cord?

Try charging the laptop when the tablet is off and see if it will work. If it does, it is probably the cord and not the battery.

If it won't charge then either, you may have a damaged/blown charging circuit on the motherboard. Which would need fixing (if you or another can) or need to have the motherboard replaced.

NOTE: If the laptop is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer about a repair or replacement in regard to the charging circuit.

VolkABC

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017

BFG-9000

Respectable
Sep 17, 2016
The battery sensor is only measuring voltage, but the only way to properly test a battery is under load.

Having the battery voltage look OK but collapse when under load is the classic symptom of a bad battery, but the charger may indeed be faulty and what the sensor is reading is a "surface charge."

Solution