Solved! After Overclocking my laptop slowly degraded in performance until i cant run any games properly

Nov 12, 2018
I know it was foolish of me to overclock my laptop but i'm not sure if i did permanent damage or if it is reversible. I've cleaned the dust on the fan, heat sync and motherboard recently.

Solution
Reset every changes you've made.

Almost every laptop have poor cooling solution. At stock it barely handles the few watts of the system.

The only change that i recommend on laptop is undervolting to gain some degrees.

Rodolphe.
Nov 12, 2018

i have discord and spotify on in the background mostly,
i usually clear my temps once a day and run Ccleaner,

after i overclocked my GPU started stuttering, giving me frame drops after a restart it just completely couldn't play any game on decent resolution and graphics settings.

I used MSIafterburner for overclock, after my laptop started having this issue i uninstalled MSIafterburner and soon after reformatted my hard drives.

Nov 12, 2018

The Laptop model is "Asus ROG GL552VX"
after overclock i was having large frame drops and my game would freeze every now and then.

Feb 27, 2018
Reset every changes you've made.

Almost every laptop have poor cooling solution. At stock it barely handles the few watts of the system.

The only change that i recommend on laptop is undervolting to gain some degrees.

Rodolphe.

Solution